- Hagerty offers the unique opportunity of a 2023 internship at its UK headquarters
- Brand new initiative, run in association with StarterMotor charity, offers a career launchpad into the classic car industry
- Winning candidate will be awarded a 12-month paid internship at Hagerty, working across multiple departments to gain a unique insight into running a global automotive brand
- Internship commences in January 2023 and, if successful, could lead to further opportunities within Hagerty
- Interested applicants can apply here
Northamptonshire: 27th July 2022
Hagerty has long promoted the enjoyment of car culture and driving, entertaining those who are a part of it and welcoming those who are curious to learn more.
Working in the classic and collector car market is a dream for many, but the opportunities to do so are few and far between. To help alleviate this Hagerty launched the 2023 Hagerty Intern program, in association with StarterMotor, a new initiative designed to offer a unique opportunity to gain real world automotive industry experiences.
Hagerty is a principle sponsor of StarterMotor and, like Hagerty, the charity has a passion for encouraging those interested in the classic car industry to learn the hands-on skills needed to forge a career in this exciting industry.
The successful Hagerty Intern will be awarded a 12-month, paid internship, working with all areas of the Hagerty UK team.
- This will include planning and attending events such as the Festival of the Unexceptional, devising exciting new marketing campaigns and learning how Hagerty values a car and assigns the correct insurance policy to protect that value.
- In addition, the successful intern will get an insight into various Hagerty partnerships and initiatives, and meet a host of exciting, influential and interesting people along the way…not least the Hagerty ambassadors which includes racing drivers, TV stars and industry leaders.
The search for the Hagerty Intern launched at the inaugural Hagerty Hill Climb at Shelsley Walsh, and now applicants from around the county can apply online, giving everyone a chance to submit an entry for this unique and exciting opportunity.
Mark Roper, Hagerty International Managing Director, said “For many working with classic cars is a dream, but our Hagerty Intern program provides a unique opportunity for a talented individual to gain valuable career enhancing experiences across a variety of industry disciplines. I encourage anyone (who meets the criteria) to apply as everyone has a chance, and I can’t wait to meet our first batch of applicants as we start the selection process.”
- Applicants must be 18 or over on 1st January 2023
- Applicants must have five GCSE’s (or equivalent) including English and Maths at Grade 4/C or better.
- An interest in cars, bikes and classic vehicles will be advantageous.
Hagerty International is based in Paulerspury, Northamptonshire. Most of the internship will be based here.
We are fully committed to providing equal opportunities for all employees, workers, and job applicants, and to creating a culture that encourages and values diversity.
How to apply:
Interested applicants can apply for the internship at every 2022 official Hagerty event (on the StarterMotor stand) or online here
About Hagerty, Inc. (NYSE: HGTY)
Hagerty Headquarters is based in Traverse City, Michigan. Hagerty’s purpose is to save driving and preserve car culture for future generations and its mission is to build a global business to fund that purpose. Hagerty is an automotive enthusiast brand offering integrated membership products and programs as well as a specialty insurance provider focused on the global automotive enthusiast market. Hagerty is home to Hagerty Drivers Club, Hagerty DriveShare, Hagerty Valuation Tools, Hagerty Media, Hagerty Drivers Club magazine, MotorsportReg, Hagerty Garage + Social, the Amelia Concours d’Elegance, the Concours d’Elegance of America, the Greenwich Concours d’Elegance, the California Mille, Motorworks Revival and more.
For more information, call 0333 323 0989 or visit www.hagerty.co.uk
Media contact: firstname.lastname@example.org